Lead Yourself Well – Part 1
To lead yourself well, you have to be intentional—you have to do something.
All self-leaders do five things:
1. Begin with the end in mind. Self-leaders have a vision for the kind of people they want to be and they pursue that vision.
2. Actively learn. Self-leaders recognize that they’re responsible for their spiritual development. They explore and discover. They’re curious.
3. Practice rest. Self-leaders make time to reflect and recharge. They maintain a sustainable pace.
4. Pursue health. Self-leaders take the necessary steps to become or remain physically, emotionally, and relationally healthy.
5. Lead from the inside out. Self-leaders recognize they can never rise above the limits of their own characters. They cultivate integrity and moral authority by maintaining harmony between what they say and how they live.